Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Toughest. Interview. EVER

Job interviews, temple recommend interviews, interviews to get accepted into school programs, all other interviews I've ever had don't even compare to the one I had last week.

My Chinese teacher interviewed each of the students in my class to test our speaking ability and how well we've learned the material so far. As if that wasn't nerve-wracking enough, she decided that we'd have to record the interview and then watch it and point out what we did wrong. Man, talk about a self-esteem killer!

It actually wasn't though =) I think I'm a little too hard on myself sometimes because when I watched the interview I was actually surprised at how well I did. There were enough mistakes to write the paper, but for the most part I thought I did pretty well (especially considering how nervous I was! Good thing the camera was far away so you can't see my nervous-sweat pit stains)

It's a 10 minute long interview, but if anyone's ever wondered what it's like to see their little brother talk in Chinese with a native, here it is!


No comments: