Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sanitary Island


For anyone who still thinks that Hawai'i is part of America in terms of culture, climate or even cleanliness, I have this to show you.

This is partly because my roommate was a pig and would leave half-eaten plates of food lying around but it's also partly because bugs just seem to spontaneously erupt out of every orifice in my house. I came home one evening after work, was about to plop myself down on my bed and then realized that if I did, I would be killing hundreds of innocents.

*note: this is only a one-foot section of my mattress. I couldn't fit the
entire bed in the picture.

Another fun little surprise happened to me on Sunday morning. I have a bad habit of leaving my shoes outside. In Utah this is good because it keeps you from tracking in mud or snow or whatever. But in Hawai'i if you do this then your leaving your shoes out in a muggy swampland that will turn your shoes into the home for heaven knows how many different animals.

Sunday morning I picked up my church shoes and was about to put them on when this little cutie popped out:

I don't care what people say--I seriously don't think Hawai'i is part of America.

1 comment:

karen said...

Oh my gosh, i would die! Are you afraid of all those creepy-crawlers? You live in a jungle - and need pest control!!