Blog Archive

Saturday, November 20, 2010

President Monson at the PCC

Yesterday was absolutely incredible! At work at the canoe landing everyone started gathering towards the middle path area and after a few minutes this army of people started marching through. There were all sorts of people--people in suits, tour guides, security guards, even some of the performers at the PCC wearing their grass skirts and carrying clubs. Then trailing behind them were these three golf carts, two of which were carrying some more security people and then the third held, wearing a Hawaiian lei and a casual Hawaiian button-up, President Monson. He drove right past the canoe landing and he couldn't have been more than 10 feet away from me.

Later that evening, my friend Yu Shui and I went to the night show. The night show itself was incredible, but it's what happened afterward that really stuck with me. I could tell you about it, but I think I'll just show it.


I only wish that my iPod had some kind of zooming function because I would've loved for everyone to see President Monson. After the cast finished singing to him, he stood up, bowed to them in gratitude and then he and a lot of the other general authorities that were accompanying him started to leave. It was such an amazing thing to witness, I feel so blessed that I had the chance to see it, and I'm so glad I had my iPod so I could record it and show you guys!

No comments: