Blog Archive

Monday, October 19, 2009

A Close Friend

I have a close friend, someone who told me that she no longer believes in the church. I was talking to her a few minutes ago, and I wanted nothing more than to tell her of the joy she'll find in praying to her Heavenly Father and gaining a closer relationship with Him.

I bore my testimony to her that if she prays to Him about every aspect of her life, no matter how silly or frivolous it may seem, then she'll grow closer with Him, and in doing so, she'll be happier than she has ever been.

I think I'm beginning to understand how a missionary feels towards the people he meets out in the field, how he feels towards the people he comes to love, because when I was talking to her, I was telling her this for no other reason than I know it'll make her happy. In that moment, and even right now the only reason it matters to me whether or not she'll pray is because all I want is for her to be happy. I hope this is what it feels like to be a missionary, because I've never wanted anything this badly before. The thought that she'll recognize the love and special relationship that she has with our Father in Heaven makes me happier than anything.

Anyone who reads my blog, I want to ask you to say a prayer for this girl. You don't know her, and you probably never will, but it would mean so much to me. I want so badly for her to start inviting the spirit into her life, so that Heavenly Father will to be able to start working within her, and hopefully she'll begin to recognize the Spirit in her life and how much we all need it.

This is a missionary effort, and I want everyone to take part in it.

Thanks everyone

No comments: